10 days to go! It is really starting to feel like Christmas! Continue to follow the Withings Advent Calendar: come back every day to discover a new surprise. what would you like to find on the 24th of December?
Saturday December 14th 2013
Surprise! Today we chose to hand you a special Christmas video 😉 By the way, have you started shopping for Christmas?
Sunday December 15th 2013
Passcode – Use this feature to put your body data in a safe place. Imagine loosing your smartphone or tablet… If you didn’t set up a passcode to unlock the home screen, the thief will have access to your weight graph, your BP readings.
- Go into the left side menu (tap on the “3 line” button in the left hand top corner of the screen).
- Go into “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Switch on the Passcode button
- Choose a passcode and validate it.
- That’s it! Every time you will open the Health Mate app, you will be asked to type your code.
- Measure my BP – Choose this reminder to be sure to remember to take your blood pressure at the same time, regularly. This makes sense as it is advised to measure this body data in the same conditions, at the same time of the day, to get the most relevant measurements.
- Weigh in – It is important to step on your scale from time to time. Not necessarily every day, but studies have shown that if you do it 4-7 times a week, you are more likely to achieve your short-term weight loss goal.
- Exercise – Set up a reminder to go out and get active! Choose a day and a time… This way when you smartphone will vibrate and tell you to “Exercise”, you will remember that what you really want is to get healthier. You’d be surprised how being confronted with your own wishes, at the exact time when this “reality check” is needed, can make a change.
- Sleep well – This reminder is probably more important than you think. Today’s high-speed world doesn’t consider sleeping as vital as it should. Getting a good night’s sleep is almost a luxury. Set up an alarm to be reminded to go to bed early enough to feel great the next morning. You can choose to get this reminder every weekday for example.
Monday December 16th 2013
Daft Punk meets the Smart Body Analyzer!
Tuesday December 17th 2013
Wednesday December 18th 2013
Thursday December 19th 2013
Today’s surprise is a tip on how to use your Withings smart scale.
Did you know you fat mass varies noticeably in the first minutes when you get out of bed? While your body shifts from lying to a standing position, the liquids that compose your body move around – they were more or less homogeneously distributed when you were in bed, they suddenly start accumulating in the lower parts of the body once you stand up. This usually takes around 30 minutes to stabilize.
As the algorithm analyzing the variations of the electrical current is based on the assumption that you have a “stand up” water distribution, for the most accurate body composition we advise you to wait a little bit before measuring your lean mass /fat mass ratio.
Of course, if you weigh in in the exact same conditions day in day out you still get relevant data – you can look at the trend line to know how your efforts impact your health.
Two more days to take advantage of our Christmas Offers! Have you visited our special dedicated page? We have a bundle for everyone! You might very well find that last minute healthy gift you are looking for 🙂
- Read part 1 of the Withings 2013 Advent Calendar
- Read part 2 of the calendar.
- Read part 3 of the calendar.